If you come to Jesmond URC, you will find
- a warm and genuine welcome
- a place to feel valued and loved
- a place to make friends, and to become a friend
- a beautiful, warm, light worship space
- a special emphasis on good music in worship
- a place to learn about faith through teaching and example
- a place where hospitality is very important
Jesmond URC is very accessible, by Metro, bus, or on foot, from Newcastle city centre. The congregation is involved in its local community through links to local care homes, schools and businesses, foodbanks and other charities. We run a developing Messy Church, and share with the community the delights of Haldane House Community Wildlife Garden, a sheltered oasis perfect for reflection or just for enjoying the sunshine. We hold regular social events in the garden and in the church hall, and we run occasional Quiet Days. The church is also a well-known venue for concerts of all kinds, and our various rooms are usually busy with activities ranging from yoga to children’s groups, from dance to dog training.
Come and join us! Because of coronavirus restrictions, the building is closed since January, and we have been holidng weekly services on zoom.
On Sunday 23rd May we will re-open for ‘in-person’ worship, and we offer a warm welcome to everyone who would like to join us for the service at 10.45am
Alison Shiel, Church Secretary